Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA11] Can't setup ITC-5 from i70s.
05-08-18, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 05-22-18 09:12 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Can't setup ITC-5 from i70s.
I installed a Seatalk NG back-bone and new i70s instruments on my boat as shown in the attached diagram. Things talk to each other as expected. I also added an AIS 700.

My problem:

I can't seem to setup the ITC-5. All transducers (Speed, Depth, Wind) are grayed out.

The sensors all seem to work reliably on the i70s. I get speed, depth and wind. The depth sensor also reports sea temperature.

I just can't get into advanced settings for the ITC-5.

In a different thread I saw a mention that I need to select the source for Speed on the i70s. This selection process seems flaky. Sometimes I get the response "Source Selection not Possible" and sometimes I get the single option to select "[Auto]".

Any idea what might be going on?

Attached File(s)
.pdf  ITC-5 Setup Issue.pdf (Size: 1.41 MB / Downloads: 285)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-18, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 05-22-18 09:12 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Can't setup ITC-5 from i70s.
Nokay,

Thanks for providing the system diagram and software level of the iTC-5. It is recommended that i70S MFID's software level be determined and if found to be earlier than v3.11, that its software be updated. Should the problem persist thereafter, then it would be recommended that all third party products be temporarily unplugged from the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone and that the i70S then be tested again. Should the Transducer Setup continue to not permit selection of wind, speed, and temperature persist when so configured, then it would be recommended that a Factory Reset be commanded to the i70S MFID to correct the reported issue. Should the problem persist, then use the Diagnostics feature of the i70S to determine the software versions of the other Raymarine products within the system. Should any of them be determined to not be current, then the software within these devices should be updated accordingly.
05-14-18, 04:42 PM
RE: [CA] Can't setup ITC-5 from i70s.
Thanks for the detailed response. I will investigate and report back.

Since I don't have a Raymarine MFD, what are my options for upgrading the i70s (or all the other Raymarine components for that matter)?
05-15-18, 08:29 AM (This post was last modified: 05-22-18 09:12 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Nokay,

Q. Since I don't have a Raymarine MFD, what are my options for upgrading the i70s (or all the other Raymarine components for that matter)?
A. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
05-21-18, 07:58 PM
RE: [CA] Can't setup ITC-5 from i70s.
I have confirmed that my i70s has version V3.08.

Upgrading will be a bit of a mission for me.

I am a bit surprised that such a slight version difference makes the i70s unable to configure the ITC-5 but I will give it a shot.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-22-18, 07:51 AM (This post was last modified: 05-22-18 09:12 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
You're welcome.