Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] EV-1 devicenet connection
05-09-18, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-18 10:35 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] EV-1 devicenet connection
Installing my EV1, and see there is 2 connection points on the Ev-1 sensor. 1 SeaTalkng, and 1 Devicenet (standard N2K). My backbone and all spurs are done in the Maretron cabling, and I'd like to minimize the number of conversions from STng to Devicenet plugs.

Can I use the Devicenet port, instead of the STng port, on the EV-1 to connect to the backbone?

Hans Christian 33
Raymarine A98
EV200 Autopilot w Type 1 ram(installing now)
HD18" Radar (future)
i70s displays (future)
Maretron WSO100 wind sensor
Maretron NMEA2k network cabling
Icom 506 VHF w AIS
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-18, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-18 11:06 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] EV-1 devicenet connection
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum

Q. Can I use the Devicenet port, instead of the STng port, on the EV-1 to connect to the backbone?
A. Negative. The EV-1 and EV-2 CCUs share much of the same hardware design. However the DeviceNet port on the EV-1 may not be used for the stated purpose. Within systems which feature an EV-2 CCU, the DeviceNet port of the EV-2 CCU would be interfaced to drive by wire engine systems such as Volvo IPS, etc.. Should the system's NMEA 2000 backbone have been constructed from NMEA 2000 networking components other than Raymarine's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 networking components, then the SeaTalkng to DeviceNet (M) Adapters offered by Raymarine may be used to interface the EV-1 CCU to a DeviceNet (F) spur socket within a backbone which feature DeviceNet Micro-C plugs and sockets.
05-16-18, 02:50 PM
OK, thanks. The manual was a little vague on it.

[censored], I'm in a pinch, as my backbone are all in micro-C cabling and tees. So now every Raymarine device I add, I've got to buy an adapter cable, and if it's more than 1.6m from the backbone, I've gotta buy a spur cable, too.

Follow up question:
Since I have several STng devices clustered at my nav station, I was going to try to use the 5-way connnector in lieu of 3 individual micro-C tees and save needing adapter cables for the 3 STng devices. But I see that the blue ends that connect to the backbone are the 6 pin connnectors. so the adapter cables wont' allow me to insert the 5 way connector into the micro-C backbone, since all the adapter cables are the white, 5-pin connectors.

Is there a micro-C to 6-pin STng blue backbone adapter available?
05-16-18, 03:40 PM
Range Rover,

Q. Is there a micro-C to 6-pin STng blue backbone adapter available?

A. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.