Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Axiom to Evolution Autopilot
05-09-18, 10:53 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-18 12:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Axiom to Evolution Autopilot
I want to link my Axiom to my newly purchased Evolution system with an ACU-150. On page 23 of the installation/ instruction manual it shows an example system layout (with no axiom). on page 45 it show an example system with a MFD (Axiom). However in this example it does not show the ACU. I am assuming the ACU links into the SeaTalk cable however the SeaTalk cable is 5 prong while the ACU uses 6 prongs. Does that mean I need to use a T to connect the two different cable?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-18, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-18 01:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Axiom to Evolution Autopilot
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum rmillham,

The EV-150 Power Pilot is supplied with sufficient SeaTalkng networking components to create a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to which the EV-1 CCU, ACU-150, and p70RS may each be interfaced as individual spurs. The ACU-150 was supplied with a SeaTalkng to Bare Wire Spur Cable to facilitate interfacing the ACU-150 to a spur socket within the backbone (simply match the cable's leads to the ACU-150 SeaTalkng Port's color coded terminals). Unlike the ACU-200 and ACU-400, the ACU-100 and ACU-150 are not designed to supply power to a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Accordingly, the supplied SeaTalkng Power Cable will need to be connected to a switched 12VDC power circuit and to a spur socket within the backbone. Should one need to add additional devices to the backbone then, then it will be necessary to add an additional spur socket to the backbone for each additional device which will need to be interfaced to the backbone. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how additional spur sockets may be added to the backbone. As the MFD's Power/NMEA 2000 Cable features a male DeviceNet Micro-C plug, an A06075 / 39.4in (1.0m) DeviceNet Female to SeaTalkng Spur Adapter will be used to interface the MFD to a spur socket within the backbone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply