Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote control unit not found
04-06-16, 08:48 PM
Remote control unit not found
"RCU not found" is the message I get when I try to configure the RMK9 on my GS165 yet in diagnostics it finds it with serial number on SeaTalk HS. Per the install manual I did not connect the separate red power wire since the remote will get power via Seatalk.

If it's relevant, I also got a message stating:
The following devices are preventing data source selection. E22158 SeaTalk STNG-Converter S/N 0240860

Thanks.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-16, 10:28 AM (This post was last modified: 04-21-16 03:27 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Remote control unit not found
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum safeandsoundinc,

It is critical to ensure that the product software within each of the Raymarine products onboard the vessel have been updated with the latest software. As the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter is currently blocking data source selection, its software is clearly not current. The RMK-9 and SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter software updates are included within the latest a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software update. After updating the software with the system's MFDs, the Data Master MFD should be commanded to (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->CHECK CARD FOR UPDATES). Doing so should then identify the remaining devices within your system which the microSD memory card contains updated software for and provide an option to then update the software within these devices. You can find more information on updating the software of the system's devices within section 3.21 System software updates of the LightHouse MFD's Release 16 Operation Instructions.

It has been additionally noted that you have referenced the Remote Control Unit Not Found. Should this actually be the message reported, then it would appear that you have erroneously tried to configure the RMK-9 using the options intended for the RCU-3 (i.e. HOME->SET-UP->SYSTEM SETTINGS->EXTERNAL DEVICES->REMOTE CONTROL). The RMK-9 is configured via the command sequence HOME-SET-UP->SYSTEM SETTINGS->EXTERNAL DEVICES->EXTERNAL KEYPAD.
Find all posts by this user
01-02-17, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-17 10:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
In this set up, doesn't the RMK-9 require a dedicated power source? And what is the fuse rating for the RMK-9?
Thanks!
01-03-17, 10:26 AM
Helmling,

As the gS-Series MFDs featured POE Ethernet network ports, the Ethernet Network ports of these MFDs may be used to power POE powered devices such as the RMK-9. However, in systems where intermittent communications between a RMK-9(s) and gS-Series MFDs has been reported, this communications issue would typically be addressed by powering the RMK-9 via the RMK-9's power socket. It is recommended that the RMK-9(s) be powered by the same circuit which is protecting the circuit supplying power to the MFDs and Ethernet Switch(es). The power circuit to the RMK-9 should be protected with a 2A slow blow fuse.