Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] E120 classic to evolution broken pin
05-09-18, 05:56 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-18 01:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] E120 classic to evolution broken pin
Hi. I have an E120classic classic I'm trying to connect with my new evolution acu200 and p70rs. The E120classic has a broken pin, in the Seatalk2 socket, I believe that it's the white can h location. When I connect to the stng back bone with a A06061 cable, the p70 says no data and the E120classic says no heading. Can I use the "Seatalk/alarm" or the "nema0183" sockets? I have an alarm out cable e55054 and a st-stng converter. I have a digital yacht Gps150 positioning sensor connected to the 0183 socket. Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-18, 01:55 PM
RE: [CA] E120 classic to evolution broken pin
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tom,

The Evolution autopilots exclusively designed to support SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications. E-Series Classic MFDs are also designed to support SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications after the MFD has been updated with E-Series Classic MFD v5.69 software and its SeaTalk2/NMEA 2000 port has been interfaced as a spur to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone ... in this case the backbone which is currently networking the Evolution autopilot components to one another. Raymarine offer the A06061 E-Series to SeaTalkng Adaptor Cable to permit the MFD to be interfaced to a spur socket within a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone which has been constructed from Raymarine's SeaTalkng networking components. The CAN-H pin is critical for SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications. While Raymarine's ability to repair problems with E-Series Classic MFDs is becoming limited, Raymarine's US Product Repair Center can still replace the MFD's power/radar/communications interface panel. Accordingly, it is recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be serviced.

The Evolution autopilots do not feature a NMEA 0183 communications interface (although adaptation is possible) and it is not recommended that the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng converter be used integrating Evolution autopilots with E-Series Classic MFDs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply