Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA11] C70 Engine Monitoring issues
05-13-18, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-18 09:18 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] C70 Engine Monitoring issues
I have a C70 Classic I am trying to monitor my engines using the Fox Marine MEFI-1 Gateway. I can see the information on the phone via the Bluetooth App for iPhone. The information is not showing up on the chartplotter. I have followed the instruction via
http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=552 thread.

With the exception I am using VHF NMEA 0183 to SeaTalkng Converter Kit E70196. I has 2 white outlets in addition to the yellow converter one. I have a Seatalkng T-Connector installed with the Fox-Marine via and the backbone cable running to the converter.

I have the A06045 Spur cable from the Fox to the T connector. Backbone cable to the converter E70196. Spur Cable A06048 from the Converter white plug to the C70 Seat Talk 2 outlet on the back of the C70. A Power Cable from the White Plug on the Converter to power. Yellow Plug has the yellow Spur wire currently connected to nothing. (I couldn't get that to work either with my DSC VHF radio). Terminator Blue plug in the T connector with the Fox Marine Unit. and the other Blue Terminator at the Converter.

Are there some setting that need to be made on the C70 to see the information from the Engine ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-18, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-18 09:18 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] C70 Engine Monitoring issues
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Brad,

Please note that the C-Series Classic MFDs featured very limited NMEA 2000 support. Additionally, if interfaced to a NMEA 2000 backbone, the MFD should not additionally be interfaced to the SeaTalk socket (yellow) of a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter within the same backbone. Should the MFD additionally need to be interfaced to Raymarine products featuring a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface, then two separate powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 backbones would need to be installed onboard ... one backbone for interfacing engines to the MFD's SeaTalk2 (NMEA 2000) port and the second backbone (including a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit) for interfacing other products having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface to the MFD's SeaTalk port.

Two engine gateways are required. I would recommend that you verify that the gateways' dip switches controlling the Instance IDs transmitted by each gateway be configured such the gateway for the port engine is transmitting Instance ID "0" and that the gateway for the starboard engine is transmitting Instance ID "1".

When so interfaced, the nothing need be configured within the MFD except:
1) verify that the MFD has been updated with v5.16 C-Series Classic MFD software
2) the MFD's setting for the number of engines has been configured.

Please verify that you have installed the equipment as specified within this response. If so, and the problem persists, then please attach a photo or scan of a system diagram for this system to this thread for further analysis.
Should no fault be found with the installation then it would likely be recommended that a NMEA 2000 analyzer be interfaced to the system to verify the engine data on the NMEA 2000 backbone. Should the data be present and the Instance IDs included within the corresponding NMEA 2000 PGNs be as stated above, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to have its SeaTalk2 communication interface bench checked / serviced.
05-16-18, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-18 09:19 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I was able to get the Engine Data to show up on the MFD after the software upgrade. Was surprised since the upgrade specs didn't mention anything about Engine Monitoring. But it works !
05-16-18, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-18 09:19 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
You're welcome.