Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) Auto Pilot Failure
05-08-18, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-18 05:23 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG) Auto Pilot Failure
I have an issue that just popped up on EV100 wheel drive autopilot. I took the boat out for a sail and my autopilot flashed no autopilot device found. My C series MFD and autopilot display are communicating and look normal. The system is about two years old and in good condition. I updated the software about 8 months ago on the MFD and haven’t had any issues with the autopilot or other devices. Any idea what this may be?

Thanks,
David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-18, 05:32 AM
RE: (DG) Auto Pilot Failure
Hi davidroger527

Thank you for your enquiry

First Check the Autopilot software and update in the EV1, the P70 and the ACU - in that order. (it is better to do the EV1 first and the to update the p70 and the ACU).

It is likely the software update will overcome this issue which is likely caused by a glitch or corruption in the Autopilot software.

If the issue still remains, then check the STng backbone, look for issues with cable connections, T Pieces,Terminators, cable damage,low voltage etc all of which could trigger this issue.

regards
05-09-18, 04:06 PM
Thank you for the response. I feel like the software should not be an issue because my autopilot has worked for approximately 8 months since I updated the MFD, but if all the connections checknout ok, I will try to update the software.

Next time I make it to the boat I will verify the EV1, p70 & ACU. Last time I liked the only other update I needed was for one of the devices. Can’t remember which one. I didn’t update that section, because I wasn’t confident i could calibrate it correctly. The autopilot worked flawlessly so I didn’t want to break it.
05-11-18, 05:21 AM
Hi davidroger527

OK, by all means let us know how the checks worked out and we can advise from then
thanks
05-19-18, 09:29 PM
I checked all the connections and power and all seems well. I updated the software, but I noticed the ACU is not on the list to be updated. Is it supposed to be? Is my ACU not detected? Everything has power.
05-20-18, 09:26 AM
I think I’ve narrowed it down to the ACU 100. All other devices work correctly and display on the MFD under devices and update successfully. Except the ACU is not listed under devices and update page on the MFD, so I’m not able to update it. The ACU has a green light and I checked all the connections. Everything appears to be normal. I also swapped ports with another device on the network backbone and still the ACU does not show up under devices on the MFD. Could it be the ACU is bad even though it has a green light? Or maybe the plug harness for the ACU is bad? The ACU is mounted in a clean/dry location and is only 3 years only. Any suggestions?
05-21-18, 04:24 AM
Hi davidroger527

it is unusual for the ACU to go off-line like this, definitely worth using alternative cables to plug it into the Backbone to ensure there is not a faulty connector or socket?

If no luck there, then the ACU will need to be returned to our service team for further investigation.

regards