Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA11] RV-100 Placement on Fish/Ski Transom
05-17-18, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-18 03:36 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] RV-100 Placement on Fish/Ski Transom
I have 2006 Ranger Reata 180 with a Yam 150 and the placement choices are not the greatest, looking for some guidance to start off with to try. I have watched videos and read hundreds of blogs of where to place and unfortunately an 1 1/2 hour from the lake to play with it. I have seen this transducer screwed to the top of the step in front of the motor which doesn't make sense to everything I have read by Raymarine and other manufacturers. I have made 3 spots in attached photo where in numerical order where it could go, my steps are shallow and I have a curvature going starboard that would make this mount really difficult. If it is always submerged will that hurt anything? Top speed is 50mph. I am also wondering if the plastic stern savers are holding up for this large transducer? Thanks in advance for any assistance/guidance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-18, 09:03 AM
RE: [CA11] RV-100 Placement on Fish/Ski Transom
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ranger Reata,

Not all hulls are well suited for use of transom mounted transducers and to then expect them to perform at planing speeds. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. In this case, I would recommend that location #3 be used to mount the transducer and that a 50kHz / 200kHz in-hull (most commonly used) or low profile thru-hull transducer be installed per the referenced FAQ. The latter transducer would support bottom/depth tracking when operating on plane and the RealVision transducer would support fishfinding sonar features at trolling speeds.
05-18-18, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-18 02:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] RV-100 Placement on Fish/Ski Transom
Thanks for the link Chuck, had not seen that one.