Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA11] red and white dots on i70s wind display
05-17-18, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-18 02:46 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] red and white dots on i70s wind display
I see these on my new displays in both apparent and true screens but cannot figure out how to use them. Are they showing maximum values or average values?
As a sailor I want to know how to use them and the only thing making sense is that they show maximums in both directions so you can tell if you have been knocked or lifted.
Can you elaborate?

Thanks,
Dan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-18, 08:55 AM
RE: [CA11] red and white dots on i70s wind display
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dan,

Unfortunately, the documentation of the i70S MFID graphic displays is a bit lacking and a documentation change request had been issued to provide annotated documentation concerning the non-labeled elements of the graphical data items capable of being displayed by this product. The red dot is maximum wind angle and the white is minimum. They can be reset in Quick Options and when you power down.
07-15-19, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-19 10:24 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi. I know this is an old post, but since this post, the documentation for the i70S is still lacking a lot of information. When you mention maximum and minimum wind angle do you mean the maximum and minimum wind angle that we are heading during a specific navigation?
07-16-19, 10:39 AM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum slecuyer,

These are simply The Max and Min wind angle values are since the instrument was last power cycled or there is a reset function which will reset these values too.
07-16-19, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-19 07:41 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Many thanks!
07-17-19, 07:40 AM
You're welcome.