Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA11] SPX-DI0 and Axiom
05-17-18, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-18 02:20 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] SPX-DI0 and Axiom
Hello,

I have a Beneteau-installed Raymarine SPX-DI0 autopilot for my Dock&Go system. I recently upgraded my chartplotters to the new Axiom and I'm unable to make them communicate with the autopilot. The software version installed in the pilot is 2.00 and I'm unable to find any upgrade software for this pilot.

What are my options?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-18, 02:28 PM
RE: [CA11] SPX-DI0 and Axiom
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum sbe008,

The SPX autopilot, along with any ST70 Autopilot Control Heads or ST70 Instruments must be updated with the latest software in order to support use with MFDs running LightHouse 3 software. In such cases where the currently installed MFD cannot be used to update the software within one's legacy products, it would be recommended that the device(s) by a Certified Raymarine Installer or sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to have the software update(s) performed.
05-17-18, 03:09 PM
Thanks for your answer. Before upgrading to the Axiom, I performed an update of all the Raymarine components I have on the boat and the latest version my old e95 could update the SPX-DI0 autopilot is 2.00.

At the top of the SPX software update page, there is this warning:

Quote:Note: SPX-DI0 is not supported by this software. Attempts to install the software below on a SPX-DI0 will render the pilot inoperable. The SPX-DIO is for for the Beneteau Dock & Go and Jeanneau 360 Docking systems.

What is the latest software version for the SPX-DI0?
05-17-18, 03:44 PM
sbe008,

Thanks for pointing out my oversight. In this case, communications with the autopilot would need to be achieved via a means other having the SPX autopilot course computer and MFD each interfaced as spurs to the backbone. Instead, you may want to try connecting the SPX-DIO to the SeaTalkng backbone via the SeaTalk socket of a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter (i.e. autopilot's SeaTalk port to the SeaTalk (yellow) socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter). If the autopilot features a ST70 autopilot control head, then it would be recommended that a small backbone be constructed to be used to only connect these two autopilot components.
05-17-18, 05:59 PM
Ok, if I understand correctly, the ST70 and the SPX should connected together via SeaTalk NG on their own separate backbone. The SPX is also connected to a Seatalk to Seatalk NG converter to the rest of the network.

Can you confirm that such a workaround will allow the GO TO function on the Axiom to talk to the SPX pilot?

Thanks!
05-18-18, 07:56 AM
sbe008,

Indeed, navigational data will be supplied to the autopilot when interfaced in the manner specified. I neglected to specify that when connecting the SeaTalk cable to the autopilot course computer's SeaTalk terminals, only connect the cable's data (yellow) and ground (shield) leads. The SeaTalk cable's red lead should not be used and should be insulated to prevent shorting.