Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to buy transducer plugs
04-07-16, 04:05 PM
Where to buy transducer plugs
Have just ordered the i50 speed pack with the P120 transducer (E70147) and the i50 depth pack with the P139 transducer (E70148).

My question is where I can source plugs for these transducer through hulls... I would like them in case of emergency and also so I can do a quick in water swap from transducer to plug for maintenance & troubleshooting (particularly on P120 speed wheel which I'll want to clean every once in a while).

(Yes, I'm aware water will be coming into the boat until I get the plug in... that's why I want the plug ;-) )

Does anyone have a source / part number for the right plug(s)?

TIA,

-- Bass
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-16, 10:35 AM
RE: Where to buy transducer plugs
We recommend the transducers manufacturer's AIRMAR North American distributor GEM Electronics Company for any parts or accessories of transducers.
04-08-16, 06:20 PM
(04-08-16 10:35 AM)Steve - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  We recommend the transducers manufacturer's AIRMAR North American distributor GEM Electronics Company for any parts or accessories of transducers.

OK, so looking through Airmar catalog I find part #33-481-01 which appears to be blanking plug for the P120 speed / temp sensor... sound right?

However, I can't find a blanking plug for the P319 depth transducer... what am I missing?

-- Bass
04-09-16, 03:02 PM
(04-08-16 10:35 AM)Steve - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  We recommend the transducers manufacturer's AIRMAR North American distributor GEM Electronics Company for any parts or accessories of transducers.

OK, thanks... checked out the catalog, looks to me part #33-481-01 is the right "blanking plug" for the P120, but I can't find a blanking plug for the P319 anywhere in that catalog... could that be right?

-- Bass
04-11-16, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-16 10:24 AM by Steve - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Well, if there isn't a blanking plug is because the transducer is not retractable transducer. The P120 does sound correct for the speed transducer. I would recommend contacting GEM Electronics, you can tell them the style and the electronics it's connected to and they will be able to give you options.
06-04-18, 06:05 PM
Does Airmar make Raymarine transducers?
06-05-18, 03:57 AM
Hi iRondo

Airmar supply most Raymarine transducers with the exception of the Dragonfly and downvision series of transducers.

The blanking plug you require willbe made by Airmar.
Regards
Derek