Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] NMEA 2000 and Axiom 9
05-31-18, 08:42 AM
RE: [CA11] NMEA 2000 and Axiom 9
Will,

Unlike Raymarine's ECI-100, some third party engine gateways support transmission of data other than that associated with the engine system to the system's NMEA 2000 backbone. Should the third party engine gateway feature configuration settings to control which data items will be transmitted via its NMEA 2000 communications interface or to configure the instance IDs included within PGNs transmitted by the gateway, then it would be recommended that these configuration settings be used to either block transmission of all data other than engine data or to include an instance ID which is numerically larger than the instance ID transmitted by the Raymarine MFD (use your NGT-1). If not, then it would be recommended that the engine gateway be temporarily disconnected from the NMEA 2000 backbone. After doing so, then MFD's Data Sources feature may be used to select the Axiom 9 RV sonar as the system's Depth data source. After doing so, it should be possible to then reconnect the engine gateway to the NMEA 2000 backbone. With regard to water temperature, the LightHouse 3 software presently does not support Data Source selection for this data item. A feature request has been logged to consider the addition of water temperature to Data Sources feature of LightHouse 3 software.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-18, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-18 08:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck - thanks for the tip about the sourcing preference for the depth. I see in the docs I can setup my i70s with preferred depth source as well so I will do both to get depth data back while underway.

Fingers are crossed the feature request for water temp source gets approved and out soon.
06-04-18, 08:09 AM
You're welcome.