Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA11] R70 display & antenna compatibility
05-22-18, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-18 10:43 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] R70 display & antenna compatibility
I had an R80 PLUS display that has died, and I'm looking for a basic display replacement that will work with my existing antenna. My antenna is a 4kw open array, type 5S, pedestal is M92654, and scanner is M92693. I just want a simple stand alone radar, with no other nmea inputs, only radar. I've been offered an R70 display, (not a PLUS) and want to know if this is compatible with my antenna, or does it need to be a "PLUS" model ?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. Alan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-18, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 05-24-18 10:44 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] R70 display & antenna compatibility
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum cloudbreaker,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. The Plus designation would only come into play in systems which feature additional hsb or hsb2 Pathfinder Series Radar, Chartplotter, or Fishfinder displays or when considering whether the displays will support use of C-Map NT or C-Map NT+ chart cards.

Unfortunately, radomes and open array pedestals which were designed for use with these radar displays are not compatible with any of Raymarine's Multifunction Display (MFD) designs which followed the hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder Series Displays.
05-25-18, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the info, although I'm still unclear if an R70 ( not PLUS ) will work as a replacement for my dead R80 Plus. If I'm reading the attached list of acceptable displays correctly, it shows an R70 as being compatible with my antenna. As I'm only interested in having radar capability, and not wanting any other displays, charts, or nmea inputs in the system, then the R70 should work for me, correct ?

Your patience in dealing with this is much appreciated.

Alan
05-25-18, 12:51 PM (This post was last modified: 05-25-18 12:51 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Alan,

Is the R70 interfaced an additional hsb or hsb2 Pathfinder Series Radar, Chartplotter, or Fishfinder display(s) or does it feature a C-Map chart card reader? If so, does the display use C-Map NT or C-Map NT+ chart cards?
05-26-18, 10:40 PM
(05-25-18 12:51 PM)Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Alan,

Is the R70 interfaced an additional hsb or hsb2 Pathfinder Series Radar, Chartplotter, or Fishfinder display(s) or does it feature a C-Map chart card reader? If so, does the display use C-Map NT or C-Map NT+ chart cards?

I don't know if the R70 unit I'm looking at has chart card capability, and I don't believe it's interfaced with anything else, and I don't need it to be.

It is a Raytheon branded R70, model # M92660, serial # 0590033.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Alan
05-27-18, 06:13 AM
Alan,

Should the display be used only to display radar and not be interfaced to any other displays with which if may share radar, cartography, or fishfinder data, then any model of hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder Series Radar Display may be used to replace your display, including display which you are considering.
05-29-18, 09:47 AM (This post was last modified: 05-29-18 09:50 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,

Many thanks for your help with all this. You've solved my problem.

Cheers, Alan
05-29-18, 09:50 AM
You're welcome.