Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA11] Waypoint Accuracy
05-24-18, 03:14 AM (This post was last modified: 05-24-18 10:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Waypoint Accuracy
I would like to obtain/purchase a chart showing me the lakes of Central Europe, or France. My screen at the moment shows me as being on dry land, when in fact I’m at the lakeside. 48.399463.3.086372
I’m looking to achieve a greater accuracy than 61ft for my waypoints, which is all my Legacy Dragonfly 7 will currently allow.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-18, 11:01 AM
RE: [CA11] Waypoint Accuracy
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Arrestorhook,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated within the referenced FAQ, should the Dragonfly's GPS receiver be deemed to be functioning properly and report low HDOP, then the reported symptom would be deemed to be resulting from a cartography georeferencing issue and it would be recommended that a discrepancy report be file with the chart card's manufacturer (not specified ... assume Navionics or C-Map). Such reports are intended to correct problems such as you have specified.
05-28-18, 03:27 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-18 08:25 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I don’t have a chart card. I’m using the device “out of the box” as such.
Is it possible to trial charts?
05-29-18, 08:34 AM
Arrestorhook,

As specified within the FAQ found here, Raymarine's Dragonfly Displays and MFDs running LightHouse II (a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs) or LightHouse 3 software (Axiom/Axiom Pro MFDs or eS/gS-Series MFDs) do not feature internal cartography memory (except for the relatively limited detail base world maps featured within the Chart and SiriusXM Satellite Marine Weather Apps. These products are dependent upon having either purchased a compatible chart card separately or purchasing a bundle which includes a chart card for the waters to be navigated.

Outside of viewing available cartography at a dealer, I am only aware of Navionics offering a web page where customers may view in detail the cartography as would be available on the chart card. The Navionics Viewer web page may be accessed here.
05-29-18, 01:28 PM
You're welcome.