Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG11] Quantum 2 power cable
05-27-18, 03:17 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-18 12:28 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Quantum 2 power cable
I just purchased a Quantum 2 and I recieved it without power cable, which makes it absolutely useless.
Aparently, the proper power cable cannot be purchased and is not referenced by Raymarine nor by any Raymarine distributor in Europe.
Therefore I wonder why Raymarine is putting on the market this radar without power cable and without the possibility of buying one.

What can I do to get a power cable ???????

Regards

Serge
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-18, 12:36 AM
RE: [TG11] Quantum 2 power cable
Hello estrace,

From here in Australia I'm a fair way away from the product packaging decisions, but I would guess that the reason for that packaging was the expectation that quite a lot of people would be upgrading from Quantum 1 to Quantum 2 in order to get the Doppler capability, and so not need the power cable. I agree that this is a little frustrating though, so our apologies.

The power cable is available (the part numbers are below), and they should also be in your local version of our price list. Both are showing as in-stock in our European distribution centre today, and so should be available through your local Raymarine dealer.

A80309: 10m
A80369: 15m

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
05-28-18, 07:59 AM
Hello Tom,

Thanks for your quick reply and your explanations.

Following your recomandation, I have ordered the 10 metres power cable part number A80309 and I should recive it quickly.

For your info, the quality and reactivity of this forum is one of the main reasons why I buy Raymarine equipments.

Best regards

Serge

(05-28-18 12:36 AM)Tom - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Hello estrace,

From here in Australia I'm a fair way away from the product packaging decisions, but I would guess that the reason for that packaging was the expectation that quite a lot of people would be upgrading from Quantum 1 to Quantum 2 in order to get the Doppler capability, and so not need the power cable. I agree that this is a little frustrating though, so our apologies.

The power cable is available (the part numbers are below), and they should also be in your local version of our price list. Both are showing as in-stock in our European distribution centre today, and so should be available through your local Raymarine dealer.

A80309: 10m
A80369: 15m

Regards,
Tom
05-28-18, 10:10 PM
No problem, thanks for the feedback.

Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.