Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA11] Axiom and e97 on network
05-29-18, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 05-30-18 01:12 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom and e97 on network
I have a new Axiom 9 that has been installed on my network which is a Seatalkng and using a hs5 network network switch. On the seatalkng network I have a e97, ACU200 and EV1, P70R and a i70. On the hs5 I have a CP100 and RD410HD Radar. When I have to choose the data master - if I choose the e97, the Axiom 9 cannot communicate with the e97. If I choose the Axiom 9, the e97 does not communicate with the Axiom 9. Communication with the other items on either network work fine. Is there any way for the Axiom 9 and the e97 to exist on the same network?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-18, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-18 01:38 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom and e97 on network
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum barthbjr,

It is recommended that you verify that only the Axiom MFD has been interfaced to the system's Ethernet network ... the system should not ask you to choose between the MFDs unless they have both been interfaced to the system's Ethernet network. As only one of the MFDs will be interfaced to the system's Ethernet network, both MFDs must be configured to be a Data Master MFD. That said, it is recommended that the Data Sources feature only be executed on the Axiom MFD. It is additionally recommended that you verify that the e97 MFD has been updated with LightHouse II v19.03 software, and that the Axiom MFD has been updated with LightHouse 3 v3.4.66 software, and that the peripheral devices each be updated with the latest available Raymarine product software updates. Both MFDs may then be interfaced as a spur to the system's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone and each should have access to data and resources designed to communicated via the backbone ... this has been verified within my own system. Please be aware that data sharing between the MFDs would not be the same as that which would occur if both MFDs were running LightHouse II software or both were running LightHouse 3 software and the MFDs were interfaced to one another via an Ethernet network.
07-11-18, 03:53 PM
Followed your instructions and it worked. Thanks
07-12-18, 04:43 AM
You're welcome.
08-03-18, 03:54 PM
"Please be aware that data sharing between the MFDs would not be the same as that which would occur if both MFDs were running LightHouse II software or both were running LightHouse 3 software and the MFDs were interfaced to one another via an Ethernet network"

Following this answer, what data can be shared exactally? I have a MFD e127 and an Axiom 7 and have already linked them by SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Nothing happened after that. What´s the next step? Software configuration? How can I see if they´re effectively sharing data? Where can I see it on the screen?
08-04-18, 06:10 AM
fernandoromera,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Any such shared data may be viewed via the MFD's Databar/Sidebar, Data overlays/Datboxes, Data application, and within calculations/processing preformed by the MFDs.
08-07-18, 11:58 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-18 01:08 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Another question - I have the 50/200 kHz transducer and a CP100 connected to my e97. If I replace the e97 with a eS97 will it work like the e97 using the 50/200 kHz transducer and the CP100?
That way I can put the Axiom 9 and the eS97 on the network and share my radar and charts like it did before I replaced my a77 with the Axiom 9. Am I thinking correctly?

Thanks,
Bart
08-13-18, 01:23 PM
Bart,

Your suggestion to replace the e97 with an eS97 MFD will indeed permit the fishfinder transducer which had been interfaced to the e97 to instead be interfaced to the Transducer socket of the eS97 MFD. Also, the CP100 is compatible with any model of MFD running the latest LightHouse II or LightHouse 3 software. That said, I would generally recommend that an Axiom RV MFD be installed (and adapted for use with the e97 MFD's fishfinder transducer) systems such as this to ensure that the resulting system will then be able to receive LightHouse 3 software updates beyond end of this year (or possibly as late as the Spring of 2019), after which, the processing requirements may prevent future LightHouse 3 software updates from being installed within eS/gS-Series MFDs.