Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] NAV398 GPS/LORAN Sensor Replacement
06-13-18, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 06-14-18 10:30 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] NAV398 GPS/LORAN Sensor Replacement
Our 1999 SeaRay 310 Sundancer has a Raytheon NAV398 GPS/LORAN with an external sensor mounted on the radar arch. The protective cowling on the sensor completely disintegrated when I removed the shrink wrap this spring. Is there a GPS sensor available that is compatible with this display head?

Alternatively, is there a newer display head and sensor combo that would fit existing cutouts with little modification?

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-18, 10:37 AM
RE: [CA11] NAV398 GPS/LORAN Sensor Replacement
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum MissHan,

Please click here to view a thread within Raymarine's old Forum in which I had previously addressed this subject. Unfortunately, Raymarine, Inc. does not offer a GPS sensor with may be substituted for your failed sensor.

Raymarine does not offer a GPS/chartplotting product which is specifically designed to be installed within the cutout/footprint of the NAV398. However, I believe that you will find that Raymarine's Axiom 7 MFD is quite close. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing installation locations which do not afford MFD's having internal GPS receivers an unobstructed view of the skies overhead.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply