Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Flir T-450 dual not getting low light video
06-04-18, 07:59 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-18 11:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Flir T-450 dual not getting low light video
I have a T-450 which displays the IR video but I am unable to toggle to the visible light video. Any tips on how to resolve? It is attached to a Raymarine Seatalk network and joystick control unit, and was new in about 2012. All controls work except ability to switch to low light video.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-18, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 07-22-19 09:58 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Flir T-450 dual not getting low light video
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum rreimann,

It is recommended that you verify that the SCENE button of the JCU may be used to control the contrast of the thermal imaging. If so, it would eliminate the possibility that the JCU has suffered a failure of its SCENE button. Next, please note that the T450 features two video output cable. One supports thermal imagery only, and the other supports both thermal and standard video. Please ensure that the system has been interfaced to the latter of these two video cables. If so, and the problem persists, it would then indicate that the T450 has suffered a failure of its internal circuitry necessitating that it be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
07-21-19, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 07-22-19 09:54 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Resolution: Turned out the PO had not hooked up to the dual payload coax, once we used correct coax I now have both visible light and infrared camera signals.
07-22-19, 09:58 AM
rreimann,

Thanks for the follow-up post.