Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] CP470 not recognizing transducer
06-04-18, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-18 01:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] CP470 not recognizing transducer
I just added a used CP470 with a new B175L chirp transducer through a single transducer cable since I currently only have the one low frequency chirp transducer. Originally, the CP470 recognized the transducer but after a couple hours it stopped recognizing it. After some research, I realized I needed to add the additional grounding point on the CP470, which I hooked up today, but it still does not recognize the transducer. Did I mess up the CP470 by not having the additional grounding point hooked up? Any ideas on what else I can do to troubleshoot?

additional notes:
- I reloaded the software to the CP470 today with no luck
- the shielding on the CP470 power cable is not grounded
- The CP470 boots with a steady green LED status light and transitions to a flashing green LED light
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-18, 09:58 AM
RE: [CA11] CP470 not recognizing transducer
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Robinsonh2o,

Please excuse this late response. It is recommended that your e-Series MFDs be updated with v19.03 software (if not currently operating with this version of software) and that a Sonar Reset be commanded via the MFD's Fishfinder settings to address the reported problem. Should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that the CP470 be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. Should a circuitry failure within the CP470 be diagnosed by the Repair Center, then the transducer should be tested by a Certified Raymarine Installer having an Airmar TDT1000 Transducer Tester prior to connecting it to the CP470. Only transducers deemed to be operational with this tester should be reconnected to a CP470/CP570 CHIRP Sounder Module.
06-18-18, 12:36 PM
Thank you Chuck. I didn’t mention that I just upgraded to an Axiom suite of MFDs and they are all upgraded to the latest software version. I’ll attempt to reset the CP470 and if I don’t have any luck I’ll send it in.
06-18-18, 01:51 PM
Noted. You're welcome.