Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Electronics Upgrade
06-13-18, 08:35 AM
RE: [CA11] Electronics Upgrade
Matt,

Q1. The existing depth transducer (Airmar P319) appears to be at fault so will need replacing. The speed log transducer give an intermittent reading and as its around 20 years old would ideally replace this too.

Q2. I was not looking for a down vision but a chirp transducer that will work with Axiom.

A1 & A2. Should an Axiom DV MFD be installed, then you may want to consider replacing the currently installed instrument depth transducer with a CPT-S Transducer. Doing so would then not only supply the system with depth data, but would also support the Fishfinder application's Sonar (high CHIRP conical) channel to provide plot of the bottom as well as the organics suspended within. A replacement instrument speed/temp transducer may then be interfaced to an iTC-5 to provide Speed (through water) and water temperature data to the i70S and to the Axiom DV MFD.

Q3. I assume the current raydome is not compatible with the Axiom range so guess I would need to upgrade to the HD or Quantum series if I want this capability?
A3. Per the previously referenced FAQ radomes and open array pedestals which were designed for use with C-Series Classic MFDs are not compatible Axiom MFDs. Axiom MFDs must be interfaced to a Quantum/Quantum 2/Digital/HD Digital Radome, HD/SuperHD Open Array Radar Scanner, or Magnum Open Array Radar Scanner when seeking to use the MFD's Radar features.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Electronics Upgrade - Tillysstar - 06-05-18, 01:23 AM
RE: [CA11] Electronics Upgrade - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-13-18 08:35 AM