Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Dragonfly 7 Blowing Fuses
05-06-18, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-18 10:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Dragonfly 7 Blowing Fuses
I recently hooked up my Dragonfly 7 and it would not turn on. After checking a few different things, I noticed that the fuse was blown. So, I bought some new fuses and replaced the blown one, but as soon as I turn on the power, the fuses blow. I read on another forum that the inline fuse in the wiring harness may be bad?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-18, 10:10 AM
RE: [CA] Dragonfly 7 Blowing Fuses
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Kwallace,

The symptom does indeed appear to be symptomatic of a fault within the Dragonfly display's power/transducer cable. If the product is still under warranty, then it would be recommended that the power/transducer cable be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. Otherwise, the problem may be worked around be installing a Dragonfly transducer extension cable. If electing to attempt the latter solution, then the power leads of the Dragonfly power/transducer cable would be disconnected from power and ground. Instead, the power and ground leads of the Dragonfly transducer extension cable will be used to power the Dragonfly display.
06-14-18, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-18 08:48 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck, thanks for the help. I don’t think the product is still in warranty. Can I still send it in to be checked?
06-18-18, 09:00 AM
Kwallace,

Yes. The product may be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.