Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Lighthouse 3.4.66 and Penta Easy Connect only port engine is displayed
06-07-18, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-18 02:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Lighthouse 3.4.66 and Penta Easy Connect only port engine is displayed
Just installed the new Volvo Penta "Easy Connect" engine NMEA 2000 interface to the Seatalk NG network and ES127 MFD.
According to the device itself, I have EVC connection to the NMEA 2000 bus. Signals are present on the bus as all the Volvo Penta instruments / gauges work perfectly for both engines, and these are connected to the same EVC bus.

But my ES127 with Lighthouse 3.4.66 only shows data from Port Engine.

What is also strange is that if I try to configure the engines in the settings menu of the MFD, I get error messages saying that no engine data is received for any of my two engines (Volvo Penta D4-300 with EVC-C)

Is there a known issue with this feature and Lighthouse 3.4.66?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-18, 02:44 PM
RE: [CA11] Lighthouse 3.4.66 and Penta Easy Connect only port engine is displayed
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mikael,

Q1. But my ES127 with Lighthouse 3.4.66 only shows data from Port Engine.
A1. The reported issue is likely resulting from the incorrect Instance ID being transmitted by the engine gateway for the starboard engine. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. In this case, it would be recommended that Volvo be contacted to determine how you may configure the Volvo system to transmit Instance ID "1" within the PGNs transmitted for the starboard engine.

Q2. What is also strange is that if I try to configure the engines in the settings menu of the MFD, I get error messages saying that no engine data is received for any of my two engines (Volvo Penta D4-300 with EVC-C)
A2. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated within the referenced FAQ, the Identify Engines feature is exclusively designed for use with engine systems which have been interfaced to the powered and properly terminated marine electronics SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone using Raymarine's ECI-100 Engine gateway. Should the transmitted PGNs feature the correct Instance IDs (i.e. 0 for port and 1 for starboard), then the Data application's / Dashboard's panels displaying engine data will automatically populate with the corresponding engine data.

Q3. Is there a known issue with this feature and Lighthouse 3.4.66?
A3. Negative.
06-08-18, 05:57 PM
RE: [CA11] Lighthouse 3.4.66 and Penta Easy Connect only port engine is displayed
Thank you for a prompt reply. The engine interface is the new Volvo Penta Easy Connect, which replaces their legacy NMEA 2000 interface and is likely to sell in significant volumes. I will forward your reply to Volvo Penta.

I wish you a great weekend. Thank you for giving us great products!
06-11-18, 08:36 AM
You're welcome.