Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] New Axiom 9 Power Swipe shortcut menu Keeps poping up
06-09-18, 04:30 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-18 03:29 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] New Axiom 9 Power Swipe shortcut menu Keeps poping up
Hi, Newly installed Axiom 9, nice unit and big upgrade over the A78 however i have an issue with the power swipe shortcut menu frequently poping up, even if i activate touch lock. Running the latest firmware (3.4). Is there a fix for this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-18, 03:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-18 03:30 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] New Axiom 9 Power Swipe shortcut menu Keeps poping up
Stickybeak,

The problem which you have described is atypical of Axiom MFDs running v3.4.[censored] software. This problem has sometimes been attributed to power supplies or to a MFD which has been front mounted and secured too tightly to the mounting surface (snug should be sufficient). If the system is being powered from a power supply rather than direct battery input, then it would be recommended that the MFD be tested by connecting it directly to a battery and tested under under "quiet ship" conditions (i.e. all other electrical equipment, engines, generators, inverters, etc. switched OFF). If not installed too tightly and should the symptom reported persist under both of the scenario described above, then it unfortunately appear that the MFD has suffered a failure. In the case of product failures would be recommended that the MFD be exchanged by your Raymarine dealer if purchased within the last 30 days. If purchased more than 30 days ago, then the MFD should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
06-13-18, 04:02 AM
Thank you Chuck. It may indeed be installed to tightly. Although i did the knobs up 'hand tight' it likely is too much based on your reply. Would it be worth also using the extra rf drain point? currently not connected as per installation manual that notes to test without first.
06-13-18, 08:48 AM
Stickybeak,

Q. Would it be worth also using the extra rf drain point? currently not connected as per installation manual that notes to test without first.
A. I wouldn't hurt.