Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] New AXIOM PRO RVX Blinking
06-11-18, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-18 09:02 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] New AXIOM PRO RVX Blinking
I just installed a new AXIOM Pro 12 RVX E70372. I have not taken out on maiden voyage yet and is started blinking three times then a pause and repeats with three fast blinks. The blinking starts immediately after power on noticeable from the first logo. I have tried changing poser cables as I have two. I have tired numerous power sourced and it makes no difference. I upgraded to the latest software and it seemed to have stopped for 10 min but is doing it again. I called tech support, they looked at the manual and said I should mail in for warranty repair. I am prepared to do so however I thought I would try the forum as you provide excellent support and insight. THANK YOU!!!

Thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-18, 09:09 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-18 09:10 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] New AXIOM PRO RVX Blinking
Pgiani,

It appears that you have already addressed the two recommendations which we would have recommended, i.e.
- testing the MFD with a second power cable
- connecting the MFD's power cable directly to the batteries and then testing the MFD under "quiet ship" conditions (i.e. all other electrical equipment, engines, generators, inverters, etc. switched OFF).
Should the symptoms reported persist under both of the scenarios described above, then it unfortunately appear that the MFD has suffered a failure. In the case of product failures would be recommended that the MFD be exchanged by your Raymarine dealer if purchased within the last 30 days. If purchased more than 30 days ago, then the MFD should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply