Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Yamaha interface not showing all data
06-06-18, 05:17 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-18 10:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Yamaha interface not showing all data
Hi Chuck,

Thanks for putting up with all of us in such a polite and professional manner!

I skimmed the forums for an answer to this question, and I'm not seeing a clear answer, so I thought I'd check with you.

I have a properly powered and terminated SeaTalk backbone that functions with my 12" and 9" Axiom MFD's running Lighthouse III. I can see data from other parties like my Garmin Autopilot. I have installed the ECI-100 unit and all the connectors and lines to allow transmission of data from my 2007 Yamaha F250's. I get data, and have been consistently getting this data for the past year (I installed last summer)

However, I've reviewed the list of data I should be able to see and I'm missing A LOT of data options. Basically I'm only getting Engine RPM, Engine Temp, and Fuel levels, but nothing else. I'm not seeing many of the other things you mention in previous comments such as:

- Transmission Oil Temp & Pressure
- Transmisson Gear
- Fuel Pressure
- Fuel Flow Rate
- Fuel Flow Instantaneous
- Fuel Flow Average
- Engine Hours
- Engine Trim
- Alternator
- Engine Load
Total Fuel Volume (Remaining)
- Fuel Flow Total
- Economy
- Est. Fuel Remaining
- Distance to Empty
- Time to Empty
- Fuel Used Trip
- Fuel Used (Season)

The Engine setup wizard was easy, and I've done it a few times since just to make sure I'm not missing a step that would include these things.

I'm assuming you're going to tell me to call Yamaha to figure out if, and how, to include more data in their output, because Raymarine is only displaying the data available*. But I'm certainly not the only one who has had this issue and I'm not sure how exactly to proceed with Yamaha, so I thought I'd start with you.

Is there something else I should be considering?

*Raymarine MFDs and instruments simply repeat data received from compatible NMEA 2000 devices which have been interfaced to the backbone. Raymarine MFDs and instruments do not support calibration and alignment of third party NMEA 2000 sensors.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-18, 12:44 PM
RE: [CA11] Yamaha interface not showing all data
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Angler Management,

The data items listed within the referenced FAQ are intended to identify the data items which may be displayed by the MFD a) if the engine system/gateway transmits the corresponding NMEA 2000 PGNs and then b) populates the data within the corresponding PGN. Many engine systems / engine gateways will only transmit a subset of the listed data items to a NMEA 2000 backbone. Given the age of this engine, it is quite possible that the engine system is not be transmitting fuel consumption rate data (required for the Fuel Manager feature) as well as the other data items listed. I'm not aware of any outboard engine systems which transmit the Fuel Used (PGN 127497), requiring that the MFD perform this calculation using fuel consumption rate data received from the engine system.
When in doubt of what data is actually being transmitted to a NMEA 2000 backbone, a NMEA 2000 bus analyzing tool (ex. Actisense NGT-1-USB w/Actisense NMEA Reader PC software, etc.) would be interfaced as a spur device to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to monitor and obtain detailed information concerning the system's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications. As many NMEA 2000 bus analyzer products (ex. NMEA Reader, Maretron N2kAnalyzer, etc.) convert the raw SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 data into translated data, such analyzers can be quite helpful in analyzing and identifying problems, and should be part of a properly equipped installer's / troubleshooter's tool kit.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply