Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA11] NAV398 GPS/LORAN Sensor Replacement
06-13-18, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 06-14-18 10:30 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] NAV398 GPS/LORAN Sensor Replacement
Our 1999 SeaRay 310 Sundancer has a Raytheon NAV398 GPS/LORAN with an external sensor mounted on the radar arch. The protective cowling on the sensor completely disintegrated when I removed the shrink wrap this spring. Is there a GPS sensor available that is compatible with this display head?

Alternatively, is there a newer display head and sensor combo that would fit existing cutouts with little modification?

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-18, 10:37 AM
RE: [CA11] NAV398 GPS/LORAN Sensor Replacement
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum MissHan,

Please click here to view a thread within Raymarine's old Forum in which I had previously addressed this subject. Unfortunately, Raymarine, Inc. does not offer a GPS sensor with may be substituted for your failed sensor.

Raymarine does not offer a GPS/chartplotting product which is specifically designed to be installed within the cutout/footprint of the NAV398. However, I believe that you will find that Raymarine's Axiom 7 MFD is quite close. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing installation locations which do not afford MFD's having internal GPS receivers an unobstructed view of the skies overhead.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply