Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] C80 import problems
06-17-18, 06:08 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-18 03:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] C80 import problems
I have a 'new to me' boat with a C80 Display. I am trying to import waypoints and routes from RayTech Planner version 6.2, build 6355 to a Raymarine C80 MFD (app version 3.18). I am using a SanDisk 128 MB Compact Flash disk which has been formatted with FAT. The Archive.fsh file is 1,025KB in size. I can export from RayTech but when I try to import to the C80 I receive the error message ‘Retrieve Failed’. The archive file does not display on the C80, it appears the MFD does not recognize the compact disk. I have also tried to export from the C80 onto the Compact Flash card and received the same error message. I have searched the FAQ and see a reference to a format utility, but cannot find the utility. Any ideas why the export/import will not work?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-18, 03:52 PM
RE: [CA11] C80 import problems
Polymela,

First, let me state that the software which is currently installed within your MFD is several revisions behind the final C-Series Classic MFD software update (v5.16). It is recommended that its software be updated accordingly. Regarding CF memory cards used for software update or for data transfer / archival, the days of readily available compatible CF memory cards has long since passed. As indicated within the FAQ found here, should one not possess a CF memory card which has been previously proven to be compatible used in updating the software in one's product, that a compatible CF memory card, populated with the software update files for one's A-Series Classic MFD, C-Series Classic MFD, E-Series Classic MFD, RC400, RC435/RC435i, be ordered from Radar Marine. Doing so would also eliminate the risk of purchasing a CF memory card which is incompatible with the product for performing software updates. After updating the software in one's MFD, the software update files may be deleted from the CF memory card, then permitting it to be used for purposes such as data transfer / archival. As Raymarine's Product Repair Center can no longer service C-Series Classic MFDs, all of the above would only be recommended if the MFD's memory card reader was determined to be operational.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply