Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG] Adding STng devices to backbone
06-19-18, 09:13 AM
RE: [DG] Adding STng devices to backbone
Hi Fastgrandad

From your description, you have the i60 connected to the St2000+, this must be connected through SeaTalk, because that is all the ST2000+ understands. therefore, if you then want to connect to STng, the the SeaTalk data needs to be converted to STng and this is where the converter comes in. Leave the existing SeaTalk network in place, so the i60 communicates with the ST2000+, simply connect the SeaTalk connection of the converter to the SeaTalk link between the i60 and the St2000+.

From what I understand you want to connect the NMEA0183 from the plotter AND the NMEA 0183 from the Actisense NWD1 to the NMEA0183 input to the ST2000+?

If yes, then you cannot do this - only one NMEA0183 source can be connected to an NMEA0183 input, you are suggesting connecting 2 sources to one input? This you cannot do.

The suggestion I made was a lot simpler, use the SeaTalk to STng converter and it will work both ways, it will allow compass and wind information to be shared onto STng and it will allow track information from the plotter to be shared with the ST2000+, the converter works in both directions.
Thanks
Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DG] Adding STng devices to backbone - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-19-18 09:13 AM