Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Location of Transducer on stern of boat
06-21-18, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 06-29-18 09:27 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Location of Transducer on stern of boat
I just purchased and installed the Axion 9 with the 3d Transducer. I mounted the Transducer on starboard side. I did this because the swim ladder is on port. The fish finder doesn't show anything while the sonar does. Do I need to switch sides?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-18, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 06-29-18 09:37 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Location of Transducer on stern of boat
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Skamionek,

Please attach some photos of the transom of the boat taken from different angles, showing the location of the transducer relative to the bottom of the hull, to strakes or chine, to lowered drive units / outboards, and showing the hull features forward of the transducer. Please additionally understand that the RealVision and Sidevision are typically providing sonar coverage of a much wider area (port to starboard) than is supported by the RV transducer's high CHIRP conical sonar. Should the fish be located directly beneath the boat, then determine whether increasing to the Sonar channel's Gain settings improve marking of fish.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply