Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom remote chip reader
06-22-18, 10:02 AM (This post was last modified: 06-22-18 11:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom remote chip reader
As my new Axiom is flush mounted, getting to the chip is near impossible. The remote chip reader is a bit big for my application.

Question #1
Is the Raymarine chip reader "standard" pins (as could an off the shelf unit work).

Question #2
Will my "old" navionics CF card work with the axium (provided I use a chip reader with a CF port)

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-18, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 06-22-18 12:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom remote chip reader
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum slakose,

Raymarine's MFDs which support Raymarine's Remote Card Readers have been designed and tested for use with these readers. The USB port of the MFD features a standard USB Micro-B socket and should permit its use with a USB memory card reader having a matching plug. That said, I would strongly recommended testing the any such reader with the MFD prior to installing the readers. Additionally, the plug of Raymarine's RCRs feature a locking ring which is not only designed to secure the plug to the MFD's USB socket, but to also protect the MFD's USB socket from the marine environment. The RCR-SD/USB-Card Reader features a USB 2.0 Type A socket. Please be aware that while not an official test, I used this socket to connect the retired E86026 Navionics Multicard Reader and found that the MFD was unable to access Navionics cartography from the Navionics CF chart card which was in the E86026 Navionics Multicard Reader. Accordingly, I can only recommend use of Navionics cartography which is stored on microSD memory cards by a Navionics computer application.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply