Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] RV-320 Transducer
06-23-18, 08:34 AM (This post was last modified: 06-27-18 03:39 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] RV-320 Transducer
I have a Aluminium boat and with large 25" twin propellers I get turbulence at the location between the props where I mount the RV-100 transducer.
When will the RV-320 be available or is there an way to fit the RV-220 without getting electrolysis.
Has anyone else had similar issues with Aluminium large boats?
Has anyone come up with a solution?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-18, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-18 03:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] RV-320 Transducer
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum

I am extremely happy to inform you that we have just opened the order books for the RV-300 Plastic Thru-Hull Transducers. A list of part numbers can be found below. Please note that pricing has been adjusted since the original launch and that your price lists should be updated accordingly.

Part No. Long Description
A80470 RV-300 RealVision 3D Plastic Through Hull Transducer 0°, Direct connect to AXIOM (8m cable)
T70320 Pack of RV-312 RealVision 3D Plastic Thru Hull Txds, Port &Starboard12°, Direct connect to AXIOM (2 x 2m, Y-cable and 8m extension cable)
T70321 Pack of RV-320 RealVision 3D Plastic Thru Hull Txds, Port &Starboard20°, Direct connect to AXIOM (2 x 2m, Y-cable and 8m extension cable)
04-25-19, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 04-25-19 07:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck, I noticed that there are now stainless steel versions available, what would you recommend for an aluminium Hull? Plastic 20 deg pair or SS 20 deg pair an why?
04-25-19, 08:40 AM (This post was last modified: 04-25-19 08:42 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Fishoz,

When considering thru-hulls for installation in an aluminum hull, bronze through hulls should not be considered as the dissimilar metals may result in galvanic corrosion. As indicated within the Choosing a transducer tab of then Raymarine Transducers web page:

Material
The first step is to determine what material the transducer should be composed of.

- Plastic housings are recommended for fiberglass or metal hulls.
- Stainless Steel housings are recommended for steel or aluminium hulls.
- Bronze housings are recommended for fiberglass or wood hulls.

Bronze is preferable to plastic for wooden hulls because the expansion of wood could damage a plastic transducer and cause a leak. Installation of a stainless steel housing in a metal hull requires an insulating fairing, available from your Raymarine dealer.

A metal housing should NOT be installed in a vessel with a positive ground system.

Plastic or stainless steel transducers are recommended for use with aluminum hulls. While fishfinding performance of plastic and stainless transducers RV transducers will be identical, stainless steel transducers would be the transducer of choice when seeking maximum strength and durability.