Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 9 and Mercury Engine Gateway
06-26-18, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-18 01:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom 9 and Mercury Engine Gateway
So, I built my system as drawn and posted earlier. I was getting good RPM from port and starboard, but some other information was spotty. I decided to do the "Identify Engine" wizard in Settings/Boat Details/Engines section. After running that (during which it claimed to find no engines) I am now in a place where it shows no information. Confusing as it showed at least some info from each engine earlier. Any advice?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-18, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-18 01:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom 9 and Mercury Engine Gateway
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bob,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the Identify Engines feature of MFDs running LightHouse II and LightHouse 3 software. Per the referenced FAQ, the Identify Engines feature is exclusively designed for use with engine systems which have been interfaced to the powered and properly terminated marine electronics SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone using Raymarine's ECI-100 Engine gateway. While running this feature would not typically have any impact upon then preventing engine data from being displayed by the MFD, it is recommended that a Factory Reset be commanded to restore communications with the engine system. Should the system feature more than one MFD, please be certain to configure the correct MFD as the system's Data Master MFD.

The data items listed within the FAQ found here are intended to identify the data items which may be displayed by the MFD a) if the engine system/gateway transmits the corresponding NMEA 2000 PGNs, then b) populates the data within the corresponding PGN, and c) includes Instance IDs conforming to the convention specified within the referenced FAQ. Many engine systems / engine gateways will only transmit a subset of the listed data items to a NMEA 2000 backbone. When in doubt of what data is actually being transmitted to a NMEA 2000 backbone, a NMEA 2000 bus analyzing tool (ex. Actisense NGT-1-USB w/Actisense NMEA Reader PC software, etc.) would be interfaced as a spur device to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to monitor and obtain detailed information concerning the system's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications. As many NMEA 2000 bus analyzer products (ex. NMEA Reader, Maretron N2kAnalyzer, etc.) convert the raw SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 data into translated data, such analyzers can be quite helpful in analyzing and identifying problems, and should be part of a properly equipped installer's / troubleshooter's tool kit.

The thread found here may also be of interest, as it finishes with the findings of another who had used a Mercury SmartCraft to NMEA 2000 engine data bridging device.
06-28-18, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 06-29-18 08:26 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
May i also make a further suggestion from Chucks... Suggesting that your Mercs Run ECM555, may i suggest obtaining a DDT Unit and confirm Port Engine =0. If both Port & STB =0... then Use DDT Unit to Program Port = 0 & STB = 1
Axiom will only dispay the PGN's that it is presented.. if the Gateway frtom the ECM555 is corrupt due to Engine Diag being the same.. then No (or Spuratic) Output will be sent
cheers
Ian
06-29-18, 08:26 AM
Ian,

Thanks for the additional input on this subject.