Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG] Interfacing ST2000+ and i60
12-05-18, 11:44 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-18 11:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [DG] Interfacing ST2000+ and i60
Hi Derek,

That is great info and thank you

Seatalk to device net I'm ok with -

The Smart controller and ST2000+ are Seatalk1 devices and will connect to the yellow port on the E22158 Converter, but as there are two devices is it ok to use a D244 block to combine both or do they need I need separate E22158 Converters?

When you say the power cable of the Seatalk cable "red" is not to be connected to the converter I presume you mean cut it? The cable has a black three pin plug on one end and a yellow plug on the other so find the power "red" and cut.

When the red is cut do the Seatalk1 and Seatalkng circuits will have independent power supplies, or am I just taking the data outputs from the smart controller and the ST200+ and feeding it to the E22158 Converter.

The smart controller will need a power supply to charge it and the ST200+ will need a separate supply to actuate it.

Regards

Peter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-18, 09:13 AM
Hi garveypeter

Thankyou for your enquiry.

The ST2000+ and the wireless remote control can both be connected to the D244 connector block, that will be fine, only one converter is needed.

As you say, you will need to cut into the cable for the converter, ( with the yellow plug at one end) and expose the red core, cut and insulate this core so only data (yellow) and 0volts (black and or screen) is connected.

The STng network should have it's own dedicated power supply, also the SeaTalk network will have it's own power supply as will the ST2000+.

thanks
Derek
12-12-18, 05:46 AM
(12-06-18 09:13 AM)Derek - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Hi garveypeter

Thankyou for your enquiry.

The ST2000+ and the wireless remote control can both be connected to the D244 connector block, that will be fine, only one converter is needed.

As you say, you will need to cut into the cable for the converter, ( with the yellow plug at one end) and expose the red core, cut and insulate this core so only data (yellow) and 0volts (black and or screen) is connected.

The STng network should have it's own dedicated power supply, also the SeaTalk network will have it's own power supply as will the ST2000+.

thanks
Derek

Thank you Derek