Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] a78 not recognizing cpt-s thru hull
06-26-18, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-18 02:07 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] a78 not recognizing cpt-s thru hull
I have an a78, with touch screen but no wi-fi, so not the latest one. Its software is 14.36 version, so software is an older version.

I just bought the unit new this past Spring.

I think the old software is causing the problems below. I got answers by studying the forum responses, but want to verify what to do.

Two problems:

1. I bought the CPT-S bronze thru-hull transducer. But the a78 won't recognize it. It says there is no transducer connected.

2. It came with a Lighthouse U.S. coastal cartography card. But the unit does not seem to read the card correctly. I get a dark screen that is unreadable when I insert the card and use setup to tell it to use the "Lighthouse card" as the source. However, I still have my old Navionics for U.S. coastal, and I inserted that and it worked perfectly. The Navionics card is about 10 years old. It works great and gives me excellent maps. Why won't it correctly read the Lighthouse card?

Is this correct of what I need to do (I got this from the forums)?

1. Download current software version 19.03 from Raymarine site onto micro SD card
2. Upload V 19.03 software onto the unit.
3. Maybe if it still does not recognize transducer I need to do some kind of reset?
4. I hope that might also fix the failure to read the Lighthouse card. But not sure if it will help with that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-18, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-18 02:30 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] a78 not recognizing cpt-s thru hull
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum bmcclain1,

Raymarine's Raymarine product software update web pages include a software history table. Should the LightHouse II software update web page for the aSeries, cSeries, eSeries, eS Series and gS Series MFD's, you will see that support for the CPT-S transducers was introduced in v17.46. Accordingly, it is recommended that the MFD's software be updated with LightHouse II v19.03 software to address this issue. It would be recommended that a System Settings & Data Reset be commanded from the MFD's Maintenance menu following the software update.

Regarding the LightHouse Charts issue, the free microSD memory card containing the LightHouse NOAA US Vector East Coast and West Coast charts should be tested again following the aforementioned software update and System Settings & Data Reset operation. Should the microSD memory card containing the LightHouse charts then be present within the MFD's memory card reader and the Chart application's Chart Selection feature have been configured to select the LightHouse Charts for your geographic area (US coastal cartography and Great Lakes only supported), then it should be possible pan to a coastal area and range in to view detailed cartography. If not, then it would be recommended that the microSD memory card's files be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. Alternatively, the LightHouse Chart card's contents may be deleted (except for the chart card's LightHouse_ID.txt file), LightHouse Vector Charts for the US East Coast or West Coast be purchased from Raymarine's Chart's Store, and then these charts may be downloaded from the Charts Store to the LightHouse Chart card using Raymarine's LightHouse Manager PC application.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply