Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
[CA] [CA11] Night Screen for Axiom 9
06-28-18, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 06-28-18 03:34 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Night Screen for Axiom 9
I have an Axiom 9, and in crossing Lake Michigan at night recently, I discovered that the display was too bright causing night blindness for me at the helm of my 36 foot sailboat. I turned the brightness down really low and it helped a bit, but reading things became much more difficult. Is there a night setting for the display which will help to alleviated night blindness? My old third party chartplotters automatically switched to a night screen after sun set which was very easy on the eyes and did not lead to night blindness caused by white light.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-18, 03:33 PM
RE: [CA11] Night Screen for Axiom 9
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Glenn,

LightHouse 3 software does not presently support a night color palette. A feature request has been logged to consider this feature for inclusion within a future LightHouse 3 software update as well as in future products.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
09-04-19, 08:49 AM
Any news on this feature? I really miss it.

A few days ago I was caught by a nasty thunderstorm one night at anchor.
With heavy rain and 50 knots of wind I lost my orientation and I had the feeling my anchor was dragging. I turned on my Axiom 12 to see what was going on but this meant I could not see ANYTHING else - in particular the other boats anchored in the bay, let alone the shoreline.
The touch method to lower the backlight is very poor in such a situation - the unit really should switch to night colors by default after sunset.
12-17-19, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-19 09:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I was looking for ways to turn night mode on the other evening because the screen was so bright I kept losing my points.......

Ditto what Gypsy King stated.....hope it is added.

Thanks Chuck
12-18-19, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-20 09:51 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Until implemented, the MFD's backlight level should be adjusted to a lower / lowest setting when operating at night.
01-04-20, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-20 09:12 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hopefully, when implemented - there will be a "quick" select button to toggle day/night mode.

Additionally, it would be nice if there was some way to have the display offer to do this automatically based on "Sunset/Sunrise" times.
01-06-20, 09:49 AM
Noted.