Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Displaying fuel tank levels within MFDs running LH II or LH 3 software
07-02-18, 10:34 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-19 09:52 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Displaying fuel tank levels within MFDs running LH II or LH 3 software
Displaying fuel tank levels within MFDs running LightHouse II or LightHouse 3 software

The graphical and percentage fluid tank level data items displayed within Raymarine MFDs are designed to be populated from data which is supplied to the system by NMEA 2000 tank level sensors or by NMEA 2000 engine gateways supporting the corresponding NMEA 2000 PGN 127505 Fluid Level. When operating with the latest software updates, the MFD running LightHouse II or LightHouse 3 software, i50 Instruments, i60 Instruments, and i70 MFIDs are NMEA 2000 certified products. Raymarine's MFD running LightHouse II or LightHouse 3 software are designed to repeat data from compatible third party NMEA 2000 devices. However, Raymarine's MFD running LightHouse II, i50 Instruments, i60 Instruments, and i70 MFIDs are not designed to calibrate, apply offsets in conjunction with, or configure alarms in conjunction with third party NMEA 2000 sensors. As such should a third party NMEA 2000 sensor require configuration of Instance IDs, calibration, offsets, etc., then it will be necessary to do so using the procedures and devices specified by the manufacturer of the third party sensor. MFDs running LightHouse 3 v3.9.46 or later software are designed to support calibration of tanks which have been fitted with the following Oceanic Systems tank senders:
• 3271 Volumetric Fuel Sender
• 3281 Water Level Senders
• 3125 Tank Sender Adapter
• 4291 Tank Level Adapter

Tank level sensors used with i70/i70S MFIDs, MFDs running LightHouse II software, and MFDs urnning Lighthouse 3 v3.8.105 and earlier software be calibrated and configured with Instance IDs conforming with the information within the FAQ found here. If interfaced to an engine system per the FAQ found here and should the engine system be capable of transmitting fuel usage data, then the Fuel Manager features of MFDs running LightHouse II or LightHouse may be used to determine estimated fuel remaining and estimated fuel range data items which in turn may be displayed by these MFDs.

Detailed information concerning the Fuel Manager Feature of MFDs running LightHouse II v19.03 software may be found within Chapter 11: Fuel manager of the LightHouse II Release 19 Operating Instructions. Detailed information concerning the Fuel Manager Feature of MFDs running LightHouse 3 v3.5.40 software may be found within Chapter 5.7: My data of the LightHouse 3.5 Advanced Operation Instructions

RAYFAQ#
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply