Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] 2008 C80 using 128MB CF Chart Card
07-03-18, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-18 09:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] 2008 C80 using 128MB CF Chart Card
My Chart Card from Jun 2005 has been read by the C80 (2008) since buying the vessel (Hunter 33) without issue for 2 years. A few weeks ago - the Card would momentarily (a second) display the chart and disappear. Thinking it was the FC, I purchased another 128MB card on-line for the same area but dated Jan 2006. It behaved exactly the same, which indicates the problem isn't the card. I've tried a reset (not the full factory reset that would delete the way-points) and searched the menu for a likely cause, but nothing stands out as the problem.

Card info:

US Southeast-Bahamas
CF/1G906XL3
Jun 2005
128MB CF
Any help much appreciated....

PS

I don't wish to update the firmware as the plotter works fine, but I did purchase a 16GB Chart Card with an intention to do so when I bought the boat, but there appeared to be too much confusion from Navionics as to the process and whether the card purchased from West Marine would work - so I decided not to risk it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-18, 10:24 AM
RE: [CA11] 2008 C80 using 128MB CF Chart Card
Welcome to the Raymarine darkbrit,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. I suspect that the MFD's memory card reader may have suffered a failure and the test specified at the end of the referenced FAQ should be performed to verify whether the reader is operational.

On a separate note, the 16GB CF card may not be used with the MFD. Should the MFD's memory card reader be determined to be operational and should you desire to update its software, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply