Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advanced Sailing Tools in Lighthouse 3?
04-04-17, 03:37 PM
Advanced Sailing Tools in Lighthouse 3?
Hi. I am considering buying two Axiom MFD's for my sailboat.

Two questions:

1. Will the new Lighthouse 3 operating system support the advanced sailing features as they were in the Lighthouse II - R14?

2. What features will not be supported in Lighthouse 3? I could not find much detail on this in the website.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-17, 01:03 PM
RE: Advanced Sailing Tools in Lighthouse 3?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Luigi,

Q1. Will the new Lighthouse 3 operating system support the advanced sailing features as they were in the Lighthouse II - R14?
A1. Our plan is to offer most, if not all of the capabilities of our LightHouse II software, in LightHouse 3. That being said, there are literally hundreds of different features that must be recreated on the new system and that takes a significant amount of time and testing. Advanced sailing features will not be in LightHouse 3 at first launch, but we are aware that they are very important to our sailing customers and will work to make them available as soon as possible.

Q2. What features will not be supported in Lighthouse 3? I could not find much detail on this in the website.
A1. Raymarine is open to all possibilities for LightHouse 3. However, we cannot commit to a specific timeline for any particular feature or function to appear in LightHouse 3. As proven by our track record of regular updates for LightHouse II products, we are always innovating and working on new features and capabilities. We are committed to rolling out updates on a regular basis that will keep LightHouse III at the forefront of marine navigation technology. The new Axiom LightHouse 3 handbook has just been released and is the best source of information for what’s in the current product. Stay tuned to Raymarine’s web site for the latest product news and updates.
07-23-18, 01:24 PM
This question was first posted more then a year ago. Any ideas when the sailing tools will be available in LH3 now?
07-23-18, 01:45 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-18 02:39 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum wpcheadle,

Please click here to view a recently updated thread in which I had addressed this subject.