Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG] i60 shows 3 dashes
07-09-18, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-18 05:27 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG] i60 shows 3 dashes
Hello,

My i60 intermittently points N and shows 3 dashes.

Wind data appears properly on the networked I70s so it appears data is getting into network and the issue is with the i60 display.

Any suggestions to trouble shoot / fix?

Thanks

Tom
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-18, 05:31 AM
RE: [DG] i60 shows 3 dashes
Hi CobraTomTom

Thankyou for your enquiry

The fault symptoms suggest that the display is losing contact with the masthead transmitter.

The following tests found here will help identify a poor connection or faulty masthead unit

regards
Derek
07-12-18, 10:39 AM
Derek,

Thanks for the reply.

My i70 shows wind speed and direction properly but the i60 does not. I assume this means that the network is getting the proper signal from the mast head unit. Do you still suspect a connection problem, or should I be looking at the i60 display?

Thanks

Tom
07-13-18, 05:26 AM
Hi CobraTomTom

Thanks for the update,

How is the Masthead wind data connected into the system? Is it connected to the i60? In which case if the i70 is showing th ecorrect data and the i60 is not - there is definitely an issue with the i60.

Alternatively, is the masthead Transducer connected to an itc-5 transducer interface box? If yes, the there may be a fault withthe i60 or maybe with the STng cables/ connectors linking the i60 to the backbone.

regards
Derek
07-13-18, 10:23 AM
Derek,

The masthead wind system is connected through the ITC-5.

Thanks,

Tom
07-13-18, 10:41 AM
Hi Tom,

Ok, so if the i70 is working fine, then the issue will be connection to the i60 or the i60 itself, personally I would go for connections every time, but the possibility of the i60 having an issue cannot be discounted.

regards
Derek
07-13-18, 11:05 AM
Derek,

There are no connections to the i60 since it's STng and using ITC-5, so I guess that means the display itself???? Is this a typical display failure mode?

Thanks,

Tom
07-16-18, 09:18 AM
Hi ,

The only connections would be the STng itself, a loose plug or unlocked collar maybe, other than that the display itself.

It is not often an i60 has an issue, so I still suspect cables or connectors, but cannot discount the display.

As a last resort, try plugging the i60 into another part of the network with a different spur, if the result is the same, the display is faulty
Thanks
Derek
07-30-18, 08:16 PM
Derek,

This weekend I unplugged / plugged the STNG spur cable and it worked properly upon power up. Thought my problem as solved but then it failed during a sail a few hrs later. Then I re-set to factory defaults and again it worked - for a little while. Factory re-set again and it worked for a little while. Meanwhile all wind displays show properly on the i70.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom
08-13-18, 12:34 PM
Hi Tom,

Based on your feedback would have to suggest the display is faulty and needs to come back to our service workshop
Regards
Derek