Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11]Autopilot S3G AST
06-13-18, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-14-18 10:16 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11]Autopilot S3G AST
Can the S3G AST connect to a Seatalk NG network? if yes, what components do I need to purchase, can the new P70 connect with it? I'm trying to upgrade my Seatalk to seatalk ng via ITC5 and new i70 multifunction displays. I do have E-120 display multifunction ,I was told that with the seatalk to seatalk ng converter it can work on the ng network? do I need new GPS antenna as well?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-18, 10:28 AM
RE: [CA11]Autopilot S3G AST
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum oricohen,

Should the E-Series Classic MFD be updated with the final E-Series Classic MFD software update (v5.69), then it may be disconnected from the SeaTalk bus and instead be connected to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Raymarine offers the A06061 E-Series Classic MFD to SeaTalkng Spur Adapter to support interfacing the MFD to a spur socket within the backbone. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how the S3G autopilot course computer, as well as any other compatible devices having a SeaTalk communications interface, would be interfaced to the backbone via a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.

The communications interface of the p70/p70R/p70S/p70RS Autopilot Control Heads will support either SeaTalk or SeaTalkng communications (but not both simultaneously). When interfacing a p70/p70R/p70S/p70RS Autopilot Control Head to a compatible legacy autopilot having only a SeaTalk communications interface, the p70/p70R/p70S/p70RS Autopilot Control Head must be installed must be installed as a SeaTalk device (i.e. interfaced to the SeaTalk bus to which the autopilot course computer is interfaced) rather than as SeaTalkng device (i.e. one which would be interfaced as a spur to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone). Raymarine offers the A06073 SeaTalkng to SeaTalk 3-Pin Plug Adapter to support.
07-12-18, 03:24 PM
I have 12V supply to the ITC 5, do I need to supply 12V to the seatalk to seatalk ng converter?
07-12-18, 07:13 PM
oricohen,

Q. I have 12V supply to the ITC 5, do I need to supply 12V to the seatalk to seatalk ng converter?
A. Negative.