Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] NMEA 2000 WiFi Gateway Device
07-10-18, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-18 02:40 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Question NMEA 2000 WiFi Gateway Device
I’m unable to RECONNECT our Yacht Devices YDWG-02!NMEA 2000 WiFi Gateway to our Raymarine A-series MFD. (We have both A-98 (master) and A-125.).

The device was connected to the SeaTalkNG and transferring data to our 2K Yachting electronic logbook. However, I turned off all our sailing instruments overnight while pierside to conserve batteries, and I’ve been unable to reconnect the YDWG device. Firmware for the YDWG is up to date.

The device tries to connect but eventually times out, and the display on our A-98 MFD (home -> setup -> wireless connections -> WiFi -> WiFi Networks) continually shows the YDWG network with good signal strength and “Connecting”. But it never connects.

Again, this device was connected and everything was working great until I powered down our sailing instruments overnight.

Please assist.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-18, 02:51 AM
RE: NMEA 2000 WiFi Gateway Device
I've never used that device, but why would you want to connect the MFD to the YDWG over Wifi? The MFD doesn't transfer any nav data that way, I can't see any benefit to doing so.

The way I read that devices webpage and a quick scan of its manual, you plug it into STNG and then connect your phone/tablet to its own Wifi - MFD Wifi shouldn't come into the equation, or am I missing something?

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply