Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Display Route from Garmin GPSMAP
04-16-16, 12:07 PM
Display Route from Garmin GPSMAP
I have multiple Raymarine MFDs (e125, e127, a9) and a Garmin GPSMAP 527 (all connected via SeaTalkng - aka NMEA2k) that I am using for route management. When I follow a route on the Garmin MFD, I cannot get the Raymarine MFDs to display this active route. The EVO autopilot works fine in this scenario, but the route is not shared. Shouldn't the Raymarines display the active route from another device?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-16, 06:23 PM
RE: Display Route from Garmin GPSMAP
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum jeokeefe@gmail.com,

Raymarine a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs are not designed to share waypoints, routes, and tracks via SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000. Raymarine's MFDs share this data with other a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs via an Ethernet network. When interfaced via SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 communications, it is expected that the navigational data received from another MFD (Raymarine or third party) would be limited to navigational data associated with the active waypoint of a route. Should the MFD's CDI data page be displayed or the Waypoint Information data item be displayed, these items should be populated with data associated with such navigation. Within the Chart application, a dashed black line should be rendered from the vessel icon to the location of the route's waypoint being navigated to.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply