Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] LH3 data backup
07-01-18, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-18 01:13 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] LH3 data backup
This may well have been suggested before but I'd like to make sure it makes it to the product roadmap--it is important to me and I suspect others.

LH3 allows the users to backup and restore data, but AFAIK only waypoints, routes and tracks. There is a lot more data I've got in my Axioms:

Boat configuration
Wifi configuration
Quantum connection
Alarm configurations
User profiles
Multiple app pages, each with one or more apps, each with their own configuration settings.

If something random should happen and this gets lost, or I have to do a reset as part of troubleshooting a problem, recreating this data will take a LOT of time (and I will still miss come pieces). That is a lot of pain.

There needs to be a way to backup/restore all the MFD and system configuration data.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-18, 01:22 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-18 01:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] LH3 data backup
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum danderer,

Thanks for product feedback. As you have suggested, the requested feature (currently supported by LightHouse II software) can be very useful and time saving, particularly for those who are less well acquainted with the configuration settings of their MFDs. A feature request has been logged accordingly to consider this feature for inclusion within a future LightHouse 3 software update. Until such time as this feature may be implemented, it is recommended that owner's manually note the MFD's configuration settings to permit them to be restored.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply