Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Miracast with the Axiom Pro
07-25-18, 10:38 PM
RE: [TG11] Miracast with the Axiom Pro
Quote:Does the software in the !Axiom or in the WD check to see if it is connect and if not try and reconnect?

It's possible that you don't have a very reliable ignal level between the Axiom and the WD adaptor, leading to the lost connection in the first place. Are you using the Axiom's Wifi for anything else, e.g. Quantum radar, RayRemote/RayControl/Rayview apps, Netflix/Spotify or other 3rd-party apps? If you have any of these running, or a poor signal level due to hull structure in the way or some RF interference, then WD is likely to lose out.
Once the connection is lost the system should try to reacquire but this is something that's managed/run by the Axiom's underlying Android operating system rather than software written/maintained directly by Raymarine. Using Wireless Display from my Android phone at home, my connection tends to be lost when we have background interference or lots of other devices using Wifi, and I tend to need to manually reconnect it. I'd have a look at the location of the components, trying to power other boat systems down to reduce the chances of a noisy device causing excessive interference, and make sure you're not using any other Wifi services on the Axiom.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Miracast with the Axiom Pro - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-25-18 10:38 PM