Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Miracast with the Axiom Pro
09-10-18, 09:11 PM
RE: [TG11] Miracast with the Axiom Pro
Sorry George, I've been out of the office doing dealer training and other things since our last communication.

I talked with colleagues overseas and their feeling is similar to mine, that when the signal level is good the Miracast connection is pretty solid. Like any wireless connection it's not always perfect, but the performance we see is sufficiently reliable. Speaking from the experience of myself and my colleagues in this office (Australia), we aren't getting many calls about unreliable wireless video. What we need to try to understand, then, is why your customer is seeing much lower reliability than most others.

I have set up a test system here, streaming alternately from a Windows 10 PC, an Android phone and and from an Axiom MFD to see if there's a difference in the reliability of the connections, and to look for some options for diagnostic tools, so I'll need to come back to you about all this. In the meantime, it would be helpful if you or the owner could 'measure' the Wifi signal level between the Axiom and Miracast dongle's location by connecting a phone to the Axiom's Wifi, placing it next to the Miracast dongle and then using the Wifi Analyzer app or similar to get a numerical measure of that connection's signal level. I know you've already done this sort of thing, but the numerical signal level in dBm would be good to know.

Finally, could you please make sure that the Axiom's Wifi isn't being used for anything else at the same time?
- wireless Quantum radar
- Netflix/Spotify
- Rayview/Rayremote/Raycontrol apps

Thanks,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Miracast with the Axiom Pro - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-10-18 09:11 PM