Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Miracast with the Axiom Pro
11-10-19, 02:06 AM
RE: [TG11] Miracast with the Axiom Pro
Hello Wdeertz,

Is the Fire Stick Miracast-certified? This device isn't available in Australia, where I am, and I know nothing about it.
What I do know is that:
  • There are lots of Miracast-ish devices out there which are listed by the MFD but which don't properly connect, or don't connect reliably. In my own experience, only Miracast-certified devices work reliably.
  • Signal strength is not the same as signal quality (we have terrible trouble getting reliable connections at boatshows where there're a lot of Wifi and Bluetooth sources and general RF noise for example, and RF noise on boats is an ever-growing problem), and close range is also no guarantee of signal strength (antennas are focussed generally in a horizontal plane so relative orientation matters, and boat structure can easily create localised dead-spots)

On the RF interference thing, which people tend not to think applies to their boat: last week I had a call from someone whose (non-Raymarine) VHF was radiating sufficient noise at ~1.5GHz (standard VHF is ~156MHz) to drown out both of his GPS receivers. The VHF worked and apart from the loss of GPS fix when it was powered, there were no signs of problems. I've seen crippling interference from TV antennas, LED light drivers, USB devices and chargers, phones, even heard of it from the voltmeter in a distribution panel.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Miracast with the Axiom Pro - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-10-19 02:06 AM