Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] JL Audio MM100S to Axiom
07-16-18, 04:17 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-18 04:34 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] JL Audio MM100S to Axiom
I have Axiom 12 MFD's and a JL Audio system with a MM100S control unit. I would like to add an entertainment interface & SR150 Sirius weather / radio. JL has NMEA2000 connectivity but does not include Raymarine in their list of compatible MFD's.
Will this system work with my Axiom set up? If so, what will I need to make this happen?
Thanks,
Jim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-18, 04:38 PM
RE: [CA11] JL Audio MM100S to Axiom
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jim,

Raymarine's LightHouse 3 software (v3.5.40 at the time of this response) provided NMEA 2000 support for Fusion and Rockford Fosgate systems. While it is possible that a future software update may include support for JL Audio entertainment systems, LightHouse 3 software does not presently include support for their products. A feature request has been logged to consider support for JL Audio entertainment systems within a future LightHouse 3 software update.

Please click here more information concerning feature suggestions.
07-17-18, 08:50 AM
Thank you for the quick response. I look forward to having this functionality.
Regards,
Jim
10-07-18, 10:39 AM
Is there an updated listing of compatible marine radios? I have an a128 running LHII v19.03 and the latest manual only lists Rockford Fosgate as compatible.

I'm interested in Fusion and JL Audio support as well.
10-08-18, 08:26 AM
dtfeld,

LightHouse II software is exclusively supported for use the Fusion and Rockford Fosgate entertainment systems specified within Chapter 25: Fusion link application and Chapter 22: Audio application respectively of the LightHouse II Release 19 Operating Instructions. No support has been specified within LightHouse II software for entertainment systems from JL or any manufacturers other than those specified within the referenced chapters of the LightHouse II Release 19 Operating Instructions.
02-19-19, 01:50 PM
Now that the JL Audio MMS100 is supported, can you provide the steps and part #'s required to interconnect and configure this configuration please?
02-19-19, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-19 02:56 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
kaptkaos,

In order to support integration with JL Audio products, the MFD must be updated with LightHouse 3 v3.8.97 or later software. The supported JL Audio entertainment systems feature a NMEA 2000 dongle which is terminated with a DeviceNet Micro-C (M) plug. This plug will be adapted to be interfaced to a spur socket within the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Details of how to use the MFD's Audio App may be found within Chapter 15: Audio app of the LightHouse 3.8 Advanced Operation Instructions. These instructions also list all JL Audio products which have been tested with LightHouse 3.8 software.
02-19-19, 03:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-19 06:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Great, thanks! Ordering the cable now.
07-09-19, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-19 06:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I am not following entirely... Can you provide a link to the cable I need to purchase to go from my JL Audio MM to link up to my Raymarine system? I connected it directly to the backbone linking my two axiom 9s, but it appears based on your message, I need to link it to the other backbone, which has a power supply, that I have my XM device plugged into. Is that also correct? Thank you!
07-16-19, 09:01 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-19 11:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum jpjudge,

A powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone must be installed onboard to permit the marine electronics to communicate with one another ... this is not to be confused with the engine system's backbone (ex. Yamaha Command Link, Mercury SmartCraft, etc.). Each marine electronic device featuring a NMEA 2000 communications interface, Raymarine or third party, must then be connected to a spur socket within this SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Accordingly, the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone must feature a sufficient number of spur sockets to accommodate the devices which will be interfaced to it. Should the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone have been constructed from Raymarine SeaTalkng Networking components, then any one of the following may be used to connect the JL Audio product to a spur socket within the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone:
- A06045 / 15.7in (0.4m) SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F)
- A06075 / 39.4in (1.0m) SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F)
- A06082 DeviceNet (F) to SeaTalkng (M) Adapter and an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable.

Finally, it is recommended that the system's Raymarine MFD's be updated with LightHouse 3 v3.10.x (released earlier today) or later software and that the marine entertainment system also be updated with the latest available software. Please additionally note that Raymarine products exclusively support SiriusXM program selection within systems featuring a compatible SiriusXM Marine Satellite Weather / Radio Receiver which in turn has been set up with a SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.