Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] E80 Replacement
07-17-18, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-18 10:12 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
E80 Replacement
I have an E80 that I cannot seem to get to use the new navionics 16 gb cf card. I am thinking of upgrading but need to find one that will use the existing transducer. Do you have an suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-18, 12:57 AM
RE: E80 Replacement
Your existing transducer will be connected to a black-box sounder module, probably a DSM300. The old DSM isn't compatible with new Axiom or Axiom Pro displays, but you can re-use any DSM-compatible transducer either by connecting it to the new display directly (well, through an adaptor cable - more below) or by replacing the DSM with a new CP370 sounder module.

You'd use the CP370 if:
- you can't run the transducer cable or an extension (E66010, 5m) up to where the display will be
- you have a 1kW transducer and want to install an Axiom display, not Axiom Pro (Pro has 1kW built-in, Axiom is 600W only.)
Otherwise, you'd connect directly to the display to save cost.

If you were connecting to an Axiom display directly, you'd use adaptor cable A80489 or Y-cable A80492 to be able to add a new RealVision transducer as well.
If you were connecting to an Axiom Pro display directly, you'd use adaptor cable A80496 (no Y-cable required.)

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply