Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] You do not get the detail needed until you run over it
07-16-18, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-18 03:47 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Rainbow [CA11] You do not get the detail needed until you run over it
I replaced my older model Raychart and ducer with the new Axiom 12 with 3D and the RV-200 ducer last year and I still cannot get a good read out of this new equipment. I have updated to V 3.4 and am using Navionics charter on 'fishing' mode.

Recently I discovered that the Navionics chart will 'paint' (reveal existing detail) the bottom if Live Sonar is turned on (a fortunate discovery). However, this feature seems backwards. You do not get the detail needed until you run over it, and only if this feature is turned on and only if you are using it in 'fishing' mode (odd). It is like getting directions after you are already there if you know the code.

I do understand that the sounder will improve the detail as I cross over the terrain. I love that idea, but I need to have the detailed contour to start with.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-18, 03:51 PM
RE: [CA11] You do not get the detail needed until you run over it
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Afishinado,

What type of Navionics chart card are you using with your Axiom MFD? If using a Navionics+ chart card with your MFD, did you update your chart card's contents with Freshest Data Updates via the Navionics Chart Installer computer program to erase the contents of the Navionics+ chart card and then update the chart cards contents with Navionics Freshest Data to not only include Nautical Charts, but also SonarCharts for the waters being navigated?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply