Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Transducer (cp100) mounting location on Pontoon Boat
07-19-18, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-18 12:40 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Transducer (cp100) mounting location on Pontoon Boat
The installation instructions for the CP100 transducer for the A78 MFD says for clockwise prop rotation mount the transducer on the starboard side.
I have a pontoon boat and my old transducer is mounted on the the port side which is where the mounting extension on the pontoon is located.
Is the starboard location correct and absolute or can I mount it on the port side.
Thank,.
Tony
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-18, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-18 12:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Transducer (cp100) mounting location on Pontoon Boat
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tony,

Please excuse the delay in this response. When installed on pontoon boats, it generally doesn't make any difference whether the transducer is installed on the port or starboard pontoon as the center of each pontoon's mounting surface is usually well outboard of the prop when compared to the typical transducer mounting location of a conventional hull. Should the pontoon feature a keel, then the keel may adversely impact the transducer's ability to receive a non-aerated flow of water when the vessels speed nears and when operating at planing speeds.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply